First Trimester survival guide

Monday, January 12, 2015



Believe me when I say first trimester is no walk in the park, so I thought I would share a few things that helped me get over the hump!

1- bananas
It's the only thing that would settle my stomach. I would have one at 3am , one at 9am and another one in the afternoon before dinner. I cut myself off after 3.  

2- cold unsweetened applesauce
When I couldn't have a banana, applesauce came to my rescue. I almost cried when the border patrol officer confiscated my stash on our way down south because it was 9ml over the liquid limit. #nosympathy  

3- Activa yogurt
On days I had no desire to eat Activa yogurt was my best friend. Cold, sweet, easy to swallow and contained protein to kick the hunger pain.

4-support beam
This is the most vital piece.  The Mr is my savior.  From early morning fits, to late night belly rubs he was there every step of the way supporting me with a smile.  When i was hunched over the toilet, he was there beside me with a cold drink. When the 3am hunger pain struck, he was there beside me holding a snack.  I woke up every morning to find dishes washed, laundry done & lunch packed. My super hero.  Words cannot express how greatful i am to have him by my side. I honestly don't think i would have been able to make it with him. Thank you Mr from the bottom of my heart! xoxo



Me, Myself and the Mr

0 comments