Anxiety

Thursday, May 21, 2015


Photo Credit: http://www.thekatiecollins.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/social-anxiety.jpg

This morning as I scroll through my newsfeed on Facebook I come across a very disturbing article. A 10 month-year-old dies of water intoxication due to diluted breastmilk.  It saddens me to read about a life being taken away so soon.  It also brings me great anxiety. As a new mother, there are so many things I need to learn about to ensure that I keep my little one safe.  Being a parent is a very big responsibility and as I approach the end line, I find myself doubting my abilities.

What if I screw up?
What if I'm not a good parent?
What if I'm not cut out to be a parent?
What if I can't handle it?
What if I do it wrong?

The decisions and actions I make will ultimately shape my baby's future. I try to tell myself,  I am only human and yes, i will make mistakes.  I just hope my mistakes bear no harm to my baby.

Did you suffer from anxiety during your last trimester?  How did you deal with it?
 





Me, Myself and the Mr

0 comments