Best birthday ever!

Friday, June 05, 2015



This week the Mr. and I celebrated my birthday. Instead of the usual birthday getaway we always do, we opted for a low key celebration. We thought it would be best to play it safe, stay local & stay away from a million dollar baby (click on the link to read about the $1m baby).  The day started with breakfast in bed and ended with us chowing down at my favorite rib joint. Nothing fancy, but perfect. It's not what you do that matters, it's who you do them with.  That is the key lesson that I have learned this year.  With baby peanut on the way, the Mr. and I have scaled-back the grand gestures, big trips and have really focused on simplicity. Not sure if it's baby bliss, but we couldn't be any happier. 

Not only did the Mr. surprise me with a beautiful gift- so did baby peanut.  She must have known. She must have sensed I was a little sad that her karate punches and kicks have turned more tai chi. This is perfectly normal according to my OB as baby peanut is running out of room. She gave me one of the best birthday gifts ever-she partied like a rock star in my belly!! Call me crazy but I love feeling her little punches and kicks. Best birthday ever!! 

Me, Myself and the Mr

0 comments